The Buidling, Ema Milano – Milan has earmarked one of its major landmarks as the next EMA headquarters. The Pirelli Building, nicknamed the “Pirellone”, was designed by the acclaimed architect Gio Ponti and built between 1955 and 1960 for the tyre manufacturer Pirelli. With 31 floors and a height of over 127m, the Pirellone was for many years the tallest building in Italy.
In 1978 the building was bought by the Lombardy Region, which used it as its main premises until 2011. Today, after complete renovation, the building is ready to host EMA.
The layout of the office space is extremely flexible and is complemented by 60 meeting rooms with between 8 and 32 places and an auditorium with a capacity of 348. 255 parking spaces for cars, motorbikes and bicycles are also available. A kindergarten and a variety of other facilities, such as a London-Milan relocation service, a travel agency and banks, could easily be set up within the building.
The Italian Government has already approved the necessary investment for the final adaptation of the building to EMA’s specific needs.